Time is a truly priceless resource, and it must be utilised very discreetly. As a result, it makes sense to concentrate on the most important duties and assign the rest to others. Cleaning is another example of a little task. Why should you put up with cleaning your apartment and office when you can pay professionals to do it for you and free up your time to do something more helpful and interesting? That is most likely why the number of cleaning firms and customers who hire them is increasing every day. And the quantity of such businesses can make it difficult to make a final decision. When it comes to home cleaning app creation, this is the situation.During their lives, the average person spends 12,896 hours cleaning their homes. That's 77 weeks or 1,5 years. These figures are far from accurate in today's world.
Business people, working moms, single-parent families, the elderly, and anybody else who can afford it frequently hire professionals to clean their homes so they can spend their free time doing things they enjoy.It's no surprise that software for the house-cleaning business has already disrupted the gig economy, given the growing trend of ordering services on demand. The demand for digital platforms for maids will continue to rise in the next few years, thanks to the rise in self-employment and freelance labour.
Why you should consider developing a house cleaning service:
- People are spending an increasing amount of time on their phones, leaving their computers in the dust. You will be able to efficiently interact with these people as well if you design a mobile app for the cleaning firm.
- Your company will always be visible to users thanks to your personalised icon on the display.
- Push Notifications can be used to retarget people and remind them to book your services on a bi-weekly basis, for example.
The entire booking process will be significantly simpler, resulting in higher conversion rates.
Scope and benefits of Cleaning Service
Creating a cleaning service and satisfying the needs of clients on time are difficult jobs. Growing technological trends have begun to infiltrate every aspect of cleaning industry operations. Those who incorporate technology into their operations have a considerably better chance of surviving and remaining competitive in the future. Cleaning service software will provide a competitive advantage to cleaning companies.The most advanced cleaning service software platforms can combine mobile and desktop solutions, allowing technicians to work more efficiently while saving money and time for the firm. Cleaning service software packages provide a lot of features and can help with management.Until recently, field technicians had to fill out data on paper forms by hand, which had to be forwarded to the central office for processing, wasting valuable time in the process. Because there were few alternatives to the standard paper form, the field worker had to repeatedly fill out the same information.
Cleaning service software allows businesses to:
- Scheduling, tracking, route optimization, and paying can all be automated.
- Paperwork and manual processes should be eliminated.
- Customer communication and engagement should be improved.
Cleaning service software will allow you to focus on keeping your clients and employees happy while the programme manages your company's operations smoothly.
Business model to choose when building a house cleaning service
The second decision you must make before developing a house cleaning software is which business model to choose.The cleaning service marketplace connects customers and service providers while also regulating their interactions.
There are various methods to benefit from an online maid service marketplace:
Registration Fee-There is a registration cost. To demonstrate their seriousness, charge a fee for new service providers to register. Don't just receive money; give something of value in return. The Hux platform, for example, costs $17 for a background check that will increase consumer trust.
Freemium- This is a subscription that gives you access to the platform for a portion of the time. It allows users to register for free and enjoy the platform's key features. They will, however, have to pay to upgrade their accounts if they require advanced features. For $359.99 per year, Porch, for example, offers an upgrade with membership in the Vetted Pros Program.
Transaction fee- Each transaction on the online marketplace may be subject to a fee. These can be fixed-price or a percentage of each payment made via the platform. The charge can be collected from either the clients (Handy — $3) or the home service providers (TaskRabbit — 15%).
Lead fees -Regardless of whether the cleaning service was hired or not, the price is deducted from the cleaning service's pre-paid deposit for each lead. When a service provider opens a conversation with Thumbtack, they are charged 20% of the lead.
Challenges while developing a house cleaning app
When you first enter the market, you may face several difficulties. However, you can be prepared for some of these before launching your own cleaning services platform.
- Developing a reliable service-A person's house is a holy space for them, and trust is essential. You can't ensure that service providers listed on the marketplace or their employees will act ethically and deliver good service. As a result, be prepared for complaints, confrontations, and possibly even litigation.An on-demand services network's success hinges on its ability to maintain a positive reputation.
Platforms use measures including ID and background check, skills verification, and mandatory professional training and certification to avert difficulties. They also require payment for registration and impose fines for lateness and no-shows. Allow consumers to view the cleaners' bios and photos when they book so that they feel more comfortable letting a stranger into their home.
- Regulating relationships with contractors-Many problems arise as a result of misunderstandings between the platform and contractors.Homejoy, one of the fastest-growing Y Combinator firms in the on-demand cleaning services market, was one of the most well-known examples. They raised $40 million in capital and quickly grew over most of the United States, Canada, and Europe, but they declared their demise after only a few years. Multiple lawsuits with contractors who claimed to be the platform's workers and wanted all corresponding conditions including salary, insurance, tax payments, and leaves were one of the reasons for their failure.Explain the contractors' rights and responsibilities in full. Sign the Terms and Conditions with them.Set reasonable service prices and make payment methods visible, fast, and simple.Consider how the platform will handle taxes, such as whether the platform will pay the taxes on behalf of the contractors or whether the contractors will pay the taxes on their own. In the first scenario, you should notify service providers that taxes will be deducted from their pay; in the second case, you will need the contractors to sign a document stating that they would pay the tax themselves. You must also take into account any local tax rules that are unique.
In most cases, it's a good idea to have cleaners' insurance.
- Leakage-The platforms put cleaners through testing, training, and background checks in order to provide the best possible service to their customers. The reputation of the platform is strengthened by high-quality services, which improves client loyalty and allows you to raise rates. However, if you've found and educated a good contractor, the chances of professional leaking increase. Homeowners who enjoy a particular cleaner frequently attempt to employ them directly.Combating this issue is extremely difficult, as good specialists are continually looking for methods to improve their working conditions. You can only make an effort to keep salaries competitive and to engage customers in loyalty programmes for repeat orders.
- Tough market competition-Cleaning service markets must compete not only with other platforms, but also with small businesses. Although the industry is big, experienced competitors with a larger database of clients and cleaners will not allow newcomers to gain an advantage.
Solution: To establish yourself as a new but powerful competitor, you'll need to impress potential customers with improved service and security, trendy features, and a modern and innovative approach to problem-solving.
Key features and modules to include in a house cleaning app
On-demand cleaning service marketplaces are two-sided platforms that act as a middleman between customers and cleaners.As a result, in order to create a house cleaning app, we must distinguish between the features of the Customer, Service Provider, and Admin. All three sections should synchronise data and respond to each other's activities at the same time.
Let's go over the qualities that each area should have in more detail.
- Customers panel-This is a customer database where people may login and order cleaning services on demand.
- Register/login-Websites nowadays delay registration until the user reaches the payment stage. You should make the registration process straightforward and quick, with the option of using social media or a Google account for single-sign-on (SSO).Registration is used by some platforms as part of their anti-spam operation. For verification, they may ask for your zip code, address, and phone number. Filtering actual leads from false leads is a frequent activity for marketplaces that operate on the Lead Fee revenue model.
- Profile of the user-To build a User Profile, start with the information you provided during registration, social networking, or your first booking. The user should be able to edit his or her profile, upload a photo, select Preferences, and adjust the settings. Minimalism is the way to go! The Whizz account, for example, consists solely of bookings and nothing else. For user security, the fewer personal data collected, the better.
- Looking for a service and matching it-The search can be implemented in a variety of ways, depending on the business strategy. Users can search for providers using keywords and get a list of all those who fulfil their criteria. They have direct access to them and can write to them.
- View the Cleaners Profile-Customers can look up information about each service provider here. A firm logo, a cleaner's photo, an address, skills certification, services offered, a description, ratings, and reviews are all examples of profile details.
- Calculation of the price-Some systems have fixed prices for services, while others estimate on an individual basis, allowing consumers to choose the criteria they need and receive an automatically generated quote. Because each facility is unique, the more specific the request, the more accurate the quote. Add a feature that clarifies the details of the accommodations (types of rooms, number of windows, carpets, kitchen equipment).
- System of time suggestion-Overtime and overlaps, which occur when clients underestimate the volume of work, are one of the issues that many platforms face. Clients are notorious for doing this since they are constantly looking for methods to save money. Based on previous orders, an AI-based recommendation system can assist in calculating time and price.
- Scheduling and availability-The availability option enables services to choose their own working hours, eliminating the trouble of scheduling and double reservations. Clients can choose from a variety of service frequency options, such as once, weekly, bimonthly, and so on, on several platforms.
- Organize reservations-In their profiles, customers should be able to view, update, and cancel bookings.
- Messaging-Customers may need to clarify information about their order from time to time, which is better to accomplish in a live chat. At the same time, the platform should not allow customers or businesses to communicate directly with one another, ensuring that all transactions are completed through the platform.
- Payments-It will be sufficient to incorporate only one payment gateway at the start of the creation of a house cleaning app (like Stripe). Other payment alternatives can be added after some success.
- Reviews-Reviews are an essential component for your marketplace because they have a significant impact on client trust. People are more likely to hire services from companies with high ratings and a large number of favourable reviews. They are hesitant to put their faith in a service that has no reviews.
- Service Providers Panel-Cleaning service providers can manage their profiles, orders, and payments in this section.
- Signing up/in, as well as verification-The registration process for the service provider is hard because it necessitates user authentication. Cleaners may be required to provide documents such as copies of their identification, a photograph, and their VAT identification number. The platform may be used to run criminal background checks.
- Profile-Cleaners describe their services and introduce themselves to customers in this section. They can alter standard profiles on some platforms to make them look more professional and unique.
- Management of orders-Customers and businesses should both be able to view and update their reservations.
- Taking care of money-Any firm needs to keep its finances in order. All transactions should be tracked and kept in the system's history.
- Reports and dashboards-The dashboard gives users access to up-to-date statistics so they may assess the efficiency of their efforts. Users can use reports to keep track of their performance on various metrics over time.
- Tracking Packages-This is a useful feature that allows consumers to track work hours and monitor contractor progress when they are away from home. Isn't it good to know when the cleaning will be completed so you can return to a clean apartment?
The Admin is a user who oversees the platform's processes and interactions. They assist clients in resolving concerns and keeping check of other users' activity.
- User administration-Admins should have the ability to inspect and edit users, as well as mark and blacklist spammers and change user roles and rights. Admins may require access to users' accounts in order to assist them in editing their profiles and resolving issues.
- Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM)-As the owner of a platform, you must keep track of all new customers and service providers, identify prospects for next sales steps, assess sales funnels, and determine the efficiency of marketing campaigns.
- System for managing content (CMS)-This is where users may upload, edit, and view adverts, banners, blog entries, and notifications.
- Management of service costs-This is a page where you may manage subscription and transaction fees. When a user's subscription is about to expire, they should be notified so that they can extend or change their membership plan, or set up automatic renewal.
- Assistance -This is an essential element for providing assistance to users. There's no need to start from scratch because there are numerous ready-to-use support services that can be incorporated into your website via API.
Businesses receive various options to expand and increase their abilities and clientele as technology and apps advance. To take advantage of the higher-than-average market growth projected over the next five years, a cleaning service owner can use digital solutions to streamline administrative and operational tasks.Cleaning service software is used by companies that provide cleaning services for residential and commercial buildings to handle customers' individual demands as well as plan and optimise cleaning activities. Cleaning companies can save money by better allocating human and material resources using this type of software. Cleaning service software can also help boost customer satisfaction by delivering high-quality services on time and according to plan.